Monday, February 25, 2008

Saturday at Shelf !

This Saturday Brian Rhodes, Scott Hahn,Chris Gatzke and I decided to head down to Shelf Road to meet up with Ben Schmitt and his trainer Brett. I was psyched to see the Damage Wall and was not disappointed, the climbing appears to be a-typical of other Shelf routes, steeper and on ok holds. Who knows I might even tie into a leash once I can climb again. B Rhodes walked away with the send of the day award with an awesome, inspiring ascent of Devil's Road, good work son! Next up was Ben who was amped to start giving Damage some serious send burns and when I say SERIOUS, I mean it brother. Ben's first go ended right around the crux on the head wall due to a botched foot sequence. He quickly pulled back up and climbed the remainder of the route with ease. After a good rest Ben gave it another go and came agonisingly close to snagging the third ascent of this rad looking Dan Durland route. Ben will definatly crush it how it wants to be crushed next day out. Biggest props of the day award goes to my man Gatzke who spent hours (4-6 by my calculation) hanging in a harness on a neighboring route to capture a little ill gnar gnar. All in all it was a good day to be out and chillin with good friends!
HOLLA!










side note: Scott F$%&in' hates monos! (for good reason)

No comments: