Monday, February 11, 2008

The Never Ending Search Continues!

Around 1 pm yesterday I decided to go check out some blocks that I had spyed early last week. The blocks of interest sit on top of a massive hill about 2-3 miles up Old Stage Road just outside of Colorado Springs. My origianl plan was to head up a wash that I have been a little ways up before, (years ago), and hoped to find blocks along the way to the hill top blocks. This plan was quickly aborted due to waist deep snow that filled the wash, on to plan B. Plan B consisted of 45 minutes of insane steep scree slogging followed by another 45 minutes of post holeing, EPIC to say the least. So, an hour and a half later we tagged the top of the hill and started to examine the boulders. How much you want to bet the boulders were choss? Well if you went all in you just hit the jackpot, choss, choss, choss.... After resting a little bit Dres and myself made a quick retreat back down to the car, it's amazing how fast and almost effortless going back down was compared to the B.S. we had to go through to get the to the top, 10-15 minutes down, 1 1/2hours up, dam!!!!! I will say this,I do think there are good blocks in the wash on solid granite, I know your there, you can't hide for ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Andreas did find a rad block below the parking for the wash that I might go back to soon and see what there is to be seen on that bad boy, I will try to post a picture of that block tonight.
HOLLA!!!!!!!!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

hells yeah!!!!! I wonder what percentage of our lives we are going to spend looking for that elusive new southern colorado spot, or how about how many miles have been logged by the core crew in our never ending quest for freshie, good stone! Thank the gods for newlin!!!!!!!!

sock hands said...

entropy: there was talk of a "sub-newlin" at one time.

information is required!

Unknown said...

There is a reason they are called the Rocky Mountains as opposed to the Rock Mountains. I've spent more time bushwacking to get close and personal to what would wind up being choss or mank than actual good shit.

I will say it does make it much more special when you do stumble across an undiscovered gem.

Unknown said...

Agreed Plexus, the harder you have to work for your food the better it tastes or something like that! I am thinking of heading back to the boulder below the parking area this weekend to get a closer look at her and do some cleaning if it's worth it. I will say that I do love the search; defiantly adds an adventurous aspect to our sport.

Anonymous said...

You write very well.