Yesterday Hayden and I went up to the Pass and meet up with Gatzke. Primary objective was to catch video of Hayden resending his Beyond the Clouds(Guru shout out in the house) which is the line that starts in kinda of a crack about ten feet to the left of The Gusher. Well needless to say it has been a minute and a half since Hayden last climbed on that rig and he spent most of our time there working outthe cyrptic upper crystal moves again. Towards the end of the day Hayden was falling at the crux move on almost every go but his skin was already jacked well before we even arrived at the pass,so after some last ditch efforts
and with rapidly fading light we decide to head over to The Green Lantern which holds offer some comfert after the thin nastys of Beyond the Clouds. Hayden in my opinion had his best efforts ever on the Lantern making progress with his accuracy on the dyno which if you have been on this problem you would know that it all comes down to the accuracy of the toss(throw laser guided you must)! Hopefully this line will see it's third ascent sometime in the near future. Also, I did a few 5 second semi-locked off hangs yesterday and it felt awesome to weight some stone agian, this is the closest I have been to climbing since early August and can't wait to start getting a LITTLE TASTE of more rock!
HOLLA!
B$ OUT
Thursday, February 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
dopeness, byron!
Since I didn't have time to make it to the Canyon yesterday I went to the Pass for a few hours yesterday and tried Green Lantern for the first time. Everything came together fairly easily...except for that toss into the slot...holy shit is that move hard. I only spent about an hour on the problem, but I think the closest I got on that move was falling with my hand about 3 inches short of the hold. Messed with the Horseshoe project too but wasn't too psyched.
ya the canyon still has tons of snow, chill style had ice smears all over the holds. The good thing was that the river was frozen all the way accross in spots which allows easy access to some spots. Glad to hear your pschyed on Green Lantern, it's on of the best up there for sure! The Horseshoe Proj is such a tease, honestly, jug-crimp-crimp-jug-done...right...but it never quite works out that way....it's more like, jug-crimp-fall or jug-crimp-crimp.........fall
Post a Comment