Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Weekend @ The Park

Nick Murray and I headed up to The Park Saturday morning to meet up with Than and Codi to get some climbing in. Everyone was juiced and I haven't been up there to climb in so long that I could hardly contain myself. I think the last time I climbed up there was around '06. We decided to head up to Emerald to give Whispers some goes and I thnk it went pretty well, can't wait for my next session on it. Nick and I both made it to the crimp after the flip move and Than was able to suss the beta for the opening move before his bicep started acting up.



Nickastickin'



Thanasticking'



Can somebody spot the makings of a waterfall?????

After getting our fill at Emerald we halled balls to lower to scope Deep Puddle Dynamics. The start of this problem is fucking awesome but I am a little put off by that left hand gaston shit at the top, BOOOOOOOO says I!!!!!! After we had our fill of DPD we made our way to the Gobot just as it stared to sprinkle. Hopeing that it was going to be one of those in and out storms we took shelter in hopes of waiting it out. That didn't last very long before we all decided to high tail it back to the safety of the parking lot. Got f^%&*in' drenched and did not have the foresight to bring a change of clothes.

Nick and I got up in the morning to see some rays of sun and most of our stuff was at least dry enough to provide warmth not hypothermia. Nick wanted to show me Skipper D but when we got up there the fucker was still deep under the snow pack. I wasn't feeling to good when we arrived at Upper and ended up chillin' out for a bit and then Nick and I jumped on Golden Rows of Flows. I think this is a bad ass problem and I will be back as both Nick and I had some really good burns.



Nick on Golden Rows of Flows. All in all it was good short weekend trip filled with all sorts of try hard and I am sure I will be back soon.

No comments: