Thursday, March 20, 2008

Day 3, New Mexico!

And on the third day everyone knew that it was getting down to ditch effort time and if sending was going to happen today would have to be the day because who knows if and when we would be back for round two. We got an early start and Gatzke and Ander decided to head right up to the Nascar so Ander could send his proj. which he did of course and in good fashion. Meanwhile I decide to chill back with Hayden as he was wanting to spend the morning takin' it easy and making sure he was really warmed up for his last ditch efforts on TMBJ.
Here is a short video,(the only video I shot with my camera) of Hayden climbing a supa rad V3 that if memory serves me correctly is called The Scoup for reasons that will become obvious.



Hayden on a cool V4 arete. Side note: this picture was taken very early in the morning and is almost the exact same shot Hayden posted of Ander that he took later in the afternoon. I think while he was climbing he took note of where I was standing because he knows I always pick the best spots to shoot! Stop sneakin' fool!



After that we kinda just went and checked out some of the other blocks that were right around the area, sector or what ever you want to call it. Eventually I found a problem that I thought could be done onehanded and started giving it some goes, (in borrowed shoes that were still 2 sizes to big even with socks). This little problem looked to be very simple, 2finger pocket, pull the feet on and dyno to a crimp at the lip.....aaaaghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..............and then boom I would fall and hit the pads. Not so simple after all I quess but it felt good to really try hard on something again and to bleed the tips a little bit.
Once I was done foolin' around we all headed over to Hayden's proj. TMBJ were I could tell that he was starting to tire. I suppose we both have something to go back for.
And so the Epic journy home begins. We arrived back in Canon City around 9:30ish and unpacked Chris's ride and loaded up mine and then Hayden, Ander and I hit the road and were making damn good time that is until the Subaru decided to take a giant crap on me. Three times on 1-15 the car died, the check engine light came on and I was starting to get pissed, (a brother like me is working by 6 in the morn so I was really wanting to get back and sleep). Everytime it died we would give the Ol' girl some down time and then she would fire right back up although I couln't push her to go any faster then 35mph and we almost didn't make it up some of those hills. Luckly we ended up getting a pretty decent run out of her that is until we were about one, that's right one block from Ander's house and she died again. We pushed my dying ride the last block and began to unload. By this time it was about 11:30ish and I really wanted to get home and shit so I decided to try and make it the 2 miles back to my house. The fucker died 9 blocks from homebase, damn, so close.
I am happy to report that $700 later the ol' girl is back up and running but I don't know for how long, so if anybody's heading anywhere you should let a brother know,i'll pitch on gas!!!!!!!!!!!
END TRANSMISSION

No comments: