Thursday, January 24, 2008

NEWS FLASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yesterday afternoon Hayden Miller snagged the covited second ascent of Daddy Fat Sacks (v12 unconfirmed) Ute Pass, CO. Dave Marquess and I started eyeballin' this line on the sunny side of the Ship's Prow boulder way back in '04 and Dave was getting close to the Fa, that is until I broke off a key foot that was crucial to our beta at the time. Daddy Fat Sacks lay dormit until I was able to rekindle Dave's interest and after some more work and new beta he finally sent in late Novem,ber of 2006. Since Daves first ascent many strong climbers have tried to repeat this neo-classic but no has that is until now. Good work old chap!!!!!!!! Unfortunitly I was unable to snag footage of the S.A, while Hayden was resting I turned off my camrea and apparently leftb it off for a minute to long and by the time Hayden was ready teh batteries in my camrea were to cold to work, f%&*in shit!!!!!!!!! This is the third time this has happened and a all I can say is leason learned. Chris Gatzke is alos looking good on the rocks these days putting in some work on Ships Prow Sit and Cool Cuts for Tojo. I will check my camera tonight and see if I was able to get any usable media, no promises. Until next time, HALLA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: