Diz gettin down with some blues somewhere in Sinks!
We woke up the next morning, packed up the ride and started the short drive to Wild Iris. Dave and I had a good day climbing at the OK Corral, albeit not climbing hard (.12a maximum) and we where both able to walk away with a route under our belts. The climbing that I saw at the Iris is very reminiscent of our local limestone crag Shelf Road with pockets and footwork being the name of the game however the routes did feel a little more powerful then your typical Shelf route. After a few routes we decided to throw in the towel and set up camp. I will tell you I have never see that many flies in my life, think I will go back in the fall when they are all DEAD!
On day two Diz and I made the short trek to the main cliff where we climbed a few warm ups and each gave one burn on a short .12c called Rode Hard & Put Up Wet which was the first route put up at the Iris. I was able to get all the moves figured out but both of us were feeling haggard and decided to put an end to our climbing efforts. Can't wait to get back once I get healthy again so I can try and send some shit, I love the style of climbing the Iris offers!
Rode Hard has the draws hanging. I be back for this rig and his neighbor to the left.
We stayed another night in the camp ground below the OK Corral and the next morning hit the road again, this time the primary objective was to party and go to Frontier Days in Cheyenne. We ended up meeting some of the Diz's old room mates at the Vedauwoo campgrounds ands ended up party into the early morning. We awoke later that same day and went to Frontier days but unfortunately missed the rodeo and resorted to alcohol consumption. Just as we where really starting to have some fun the rains came and put a serious damper on the mood. Needless to say we bailed and headed home. Is was really a good little trip with a little bit of climbing a a hell of a lot of partying, can't wait to get back to the Iris and check what the rest of the areas have to offer.
Random scenery shots.
View of the main cliff at the Iris.
Cool forest near the cliff.
Nice colors on the hike back to camp.
Lots of these little guys around, flowers and flies in abundince.
3 comments:
nice nice mang!
shoulder(s) was how? ok?
gettin better mamg, had a nice 30min plastiuqe sesh and finally tried to pull a little harder and it seems ok/might b jus takin it easy for a little while longer before game is on. WORD
Nice place. What camera you got?
a dream dude!!
http://www.flickr.com/photos/35838229@N02/3688200405/in/photostream/
I'm set as background.
Post a Comment