Saturday, March 7, 2009

Pass Yesterday!

After much deliberation I was finally able to convince Hayden to head up to the Pass instead of 11mile and we where to be joined a little later by Than and one B Rhodes. On our way up I was playing with the idea of warming up and then maybe trying Bloody Stand while we waited for the rest of the crew to show up. I tried F*&%in' around on the slab Right around the corner from Bloody and didn't get much further then standing up on my left foot, at that point I said screw it and decided that I might as well have a go. Before I new it I was on the jug wrap asking Hayden to stop filming and move pads and spot, juiced to have climbed this thing finally.It had been well over two years since my last attempt and I was totally surprised that it went first go and I was able to remember the beta after so long off the problem.
After getting back down Hayden convinced me to give the sit one burn which was horrible but the second burn felt good, real good and I feel that it could go soon.
Well the crew showed up not to long after my last burn and we started heading over to the Gusher. All I have to say about our efforts is everybody is making progress and I think that's a good thing. Than, Rhodes and I started trying the upper moves because they have a reputation of spitting you off when you think you have the send in the bag. Than's burn started off looking normal, he fired, hit the hold but spun off kinda of weird, then he reveled the flapper of the day. Than had taken a good chunk off one of his tips and was looking done for the day. After getting burnt out on the Gusher we all started trying the stand start to Hayden's line Beyond the Clouds with everyone making it up to the first hard moves and then out of no where Than put the hammer down and killed it for it's 3rd or so ascent (the sit has yet to see a 2nd) with a jacked up finger. Good show old chap.......good show!
I will be back for that rig!! Another great day climbing in the SOCO!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Brian Rhodes said...

How about Ute Pass Today!!!!!!

pinto said...

Hey. Long time.. I had shoulder surgery Dec 30th. I'd like to pick your brain and get any advice you might have about the whole deal. thanks mayne.

Unknown said...

Pinto!!!!!! Sorry to hear about your shoulder man. Drop me an email @ tojorisen@gmail.com