Saturday, October 18, 2008



I have just received a pair of the new Optimus Primes from Evolve and they are hands down the best out of the box shoe I have ever had the pleasure to put my feet into. The Downcamberd Last proved to be perfect for providing maximum down force on steeper climbs and the XT-5 Trax HFR kept my feet from sk8ing off the nastiest, non-existent foot holds. This 4th edition in the Sharma Signature Series is honestly one of the best pair of kicks I have ever owned and they also have a slip on model (Optimus) that I have never even tried on and I am sure they are just as sick as the Opti Primes. You can check out Evolve's full line here!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those look pretty sweet. I've been thinking about trying out some Evolves and might have to look into those.

Anonymous said...

Just beware if you have a La Sportiva foot like I do, the heel cup didn't really fit me right (which didn't become apparent to me until a few sessions). I wrote up a review of the slippers here: http://www.allclimbing.com/archive/2008/07/gear-review-evolv-optimus-climbing-shoes/

TOJO RISEN said...

*Entropy, what size shoes do you wear?

*Hey Tom, nice page and thanks for the input.

Anonymous said...

Wow...I have no idea what size I wear. 39 in Testarosas, 9.5 in V10, 9.5 in Dragons, 8.5 in Anasazi Velcros, 8.0 in Moccasyms....so pretty much all over the place. I should try to get down to the Chalet one of these days and try some Evolvs on.

I'm off to California for a few weeks to do some work, so I may not be checking up on the blogs for awhile (hopefully I will have internet though). Keep sending and posting! Talk to you later.

-Luke