I know I haven't posted in a long while, me vida loco I quess. I have been climbing about twice a week and am making some progress in my recovery although sometimes it's roough not being able to even try "easy" problems that I have already done numurous times but it's all for the best.
Last Wen. Gatzke and I headed up to 11mile and did some rad easy trad pitches, it was a really good day and the first time I have roped up in over 18 months. I had a great time palying with some gear and enjoying movment on easy terrain. I will tell you that I did get worked and it took me a few days to recover, my body was not used to climbing a couple hundred feet albit even on easy terrain.
On Tuesday I headed up to the Pass and had a great day doing about 9 problems (including laps). I did take a hard digger missing the pads and landing on my elbow, shit is still pretty soar.
Yesterday I went up to 11mile with B_Rhodes and Ben. B_Rhodes is putting in some work on the newly fixed Dark Arts and is making very good progress and I think with a little more work that rig is going down. In usaul style Ben hiked everything he got on 1st go which consisted of Dark Art and Rapture, kid is a beast in case you already didn't know! I also had a good time and finally felt good enough to climb the left ss problem on the spray boulder, this is the steepest thing I have climbed since before surgery, I also did two face problems around the corner from Scott's Becoming and the SS to the Small Spary Arete. I think all the training is finaly starting to pay off and it's about f%^&*ing time! Above are photos of B_Rhodes working the Dark Arts!
4 comments:
psyched on this news!
whajamean about "fixed"? was the hold glued back on?
it was glued back on by the doc, funny thing is that B_Rhodes exploded the hold again not more then two weeks later and it shattered into three pieces possibly unfixable now!~
chisel a ledge and have a flying jump start from the spray boulder!!!
Lemme know when you get down to 11mile again. I'll be available mid-August - next two weekends are f#*#ed with family stuff and work. Keep healing and don't push yourself to the point of tweaking something again.
Post a Comment