Thursday, June 21, 2007
SOCO vol. 2.5
Here it is, I almost abandoned it do to lack of of new footage but after a few beers last night I said fuck it and and started editing. Unfortunately my windows movie maker is all sorts of fucked up so I was unable to go back and clean up the editing some more. So, kick back and take a few minutes to check it out, enjoy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
Nice man...heal up!
thanks homie, how's the finger holding up?
It's strong but forever bent!
Lotsa talk about all the "unclimbed" lines at Newlin from folks up North...chalk in the "Wets" usually disappears in a season and Gill/Sherman and many strong locals have been climbing in the area for years (without spray)...forget about FA hype and just go climb--isn't that what makes SOCO special?
agreed, but the fa's in the video needed a lot of cleaning,i.e inches of moss on holds and big loose blocks. I will not say what we have been looking at but I can with the upmost confidence say that they have not been climbed for some of the above mentioned reasons. I don't care about fa's just beautiful lines weather I am the first or not. So there, and on a side note I would go climbing if I could, but I can't so fuck off!
Bryan, if you're half as aggro on rock as you are on the Web you must be a force to reckon with! Anyhow, sounds like we agree, so what's the fuss? If I see you out there I'll offer a friendly spot, whether it's on your top-secret, gnarcore proj or a V0 slab. All's good, my man.
Dear Mr., Mrs or Miss Anonymous
Perhaps I over reacted or perhaps......I took offence to "just go climb" I have been just going and climbing for the last 12 yrs and sadly I have not been able to do much climbng in the last year and will proably being tacking another year onto that because I got injured. Actually thats how this whole blog, media thing began(a way for me to still be involed in the sport I love without risking further injury)not to be a spray lord or an FA/grade whore. I think were straight now, so cheers and maybe I will see out @ the blocks someday!
note: anything we suggest is an FA required substantial cleaning of both lichen and loose stone. admittedly, the 'optical reverb' was quite obviously done from a move higher, but the seam we cleaned for the lowest start was full of loose rock. our excitement for climbing should not be confused with glory hounding. it's a fine but nevertheless clear line.
also, anything i have ever claimed as an FA has alwasy been with the caveat that if someone has done it prior, just let me know the historical background and real deal on who ran up it before. we've no issues w/ paying due respect...
bottom line is that we have been on both sides of the "that's all been done before" discussions to know that miscommunication and mistaken assumptions abound.
in the alternative, i'd always be psyched to get or give a tour to share beta and lines that have gone.
j.jaeger - iclimbbigrocks@hotmail.com
[use a conspicuous subject line for pulling out from junk mail]
well said socks!
Does eric's sister finish straight up over the blank bulge or follow that seam out right to the obvious holds?
staright up from were the footage stops, there is a crack system just above his right hand. It was desperado for Dave, so much so he refused my request for him to do the top again. Quality problem for sure.
Post a Comment